rotating header

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Thanks for board exam prayers...

For seven hours yesterday, I stared at a computer screen, squirmed in my chair, tried to block out the incessant clicking of neighboring keyboards - and answered medical questions at the incessant rate of one per minute.  I know a lot of medicine.  I answered questions ranging from rabies to rashes to radiology, from newborns to geriatrics, from psychiatry to sarcoidosis.  And by the end, I was spent.

But today, I want to take a moment to give thanks.
I'm thankful I was healthy, focused, rested, well-fed.
I'm thankful there is an international computerized testing center in Nairobi.
I'm thankful for the prayers of many friends.

And on the way home I saw a spectacular rainbow, reminding me of God's covenant promises, of His love and faithfulness.  And it made this little exam pale in comparison...

No comments: