rotating header

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A family event, for once

My Aunt Ann turned 80 yesterday, and for once, I was there. Her daughter, my cousin, organized a ladies' lunch at an historic miill-turned gourmet restaurant in Purceville, and Julia and I accompanied my mom, along with two other cousins' wives, one cousin's daughter and her newborn baby whom I got to cuddle, and a couple of friends. Aunt Ann is second-youngest in the family, #14 next to my Dad #15. She has been a good friend to my parents for life, and since my Dad died a stalwart support to my mom. I would describe her as "sunny", caring, loyal, and a serious card player! As the outsider in the family who has missed untold numbers of birthdays, weddings, funerals, births, graduations, and holidays . . it was a privilege to be able to attend this event.

No comments: