rotating header

Saturday, May 30, 2009

A notable family

One of "my" girls from my old CSB cell group is back in town, on holiday from nursing school. Since she is a sister/cousin to two CSB teachers, we invited them all up for Friday evening. We ate and talked and reminisced and played a hand-slapping two rounds of Speed Uno. But what struck me the most was the prayer requests they gave as we ended our evening in prayer: that hearts would truly be transformed at school; that my children would grow to be God-fearing; that God would give me wisdom to be a good father because I'm young and it is such an important job; that I would be a good wife to my husband; that I would not grow weary in serving in my job . . .These were real and important reflections of the Spirit of God on the move.

No comments: