rotating header

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Bday to Me: wild nerves but generally unshockable


My kids, with Miss Kim’s help, put together a sweet folding book of family pictures, then Pat surprised me with a bag of dark-chocolate-covered-expresso beans from Trader Joe’s when I went into the exam room to see my HIV positive patients.  I’m sure that was the best thing that ever happened in that sad room.  There was a note saying “you need Holy Spirit to meet to be a strength in weakness. .  . but a few espresso beans can help.”  It was my turn to be prayed for at our weekly prayer meeting too, and Scotticus burned me a CD of a new artist (we over 40s need help to not get too stodgy, though Luke’s card assured me I was “sparky” and Jack’s was also very encouraging). We had a quiet family dinner and enjoyed a cake Scott made.  He and Julia both wrote me poems!  I’ll share Julia’s below, since Scott’s is at least PG-13.

My mother is amazing
With four kids daily raising

She helps a starving child
Comes home with nerves wild

The cook of the best food,
In a much cheerier mood.

Bad cases does she doctor
But Maate has yet to shock her

She’s a beautiful crazy mother,
And I’d like no other.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jennifer!
I'm glad the day was good, with chocolate espresso beans, music, and poetry!
-Catharine

Brad & Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer!

Love- The Hunters

jane. said...

* happy happy birthday! here's to celebration.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer! Sounds like a great day. I'm glad you have room in the midst of everything for celebrations.

Sandi Hoogland

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing Julia's poetry! How fun it is to read their writings. May God richly bless you this year.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! love love kristen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jennifer, from some folks in Tennessee who have followed your blog and been so deeply blessed by your words. May God continue to reveal Himself to you and your family in ways that will touch the deepest places within you with His unchanging love.