rotating header

Friday, November 30, 2007

Update Friday Mid Day

Scott and Scott have been gone all day with the team from WHO, MSF, Ministry of Health, and UNICEF.  So there will be more to report when they return.  This group landed on our airstrip this morning, to assess the situation for a day so they can decide how to send in supplies.  We’re still waiting for the cavalry to arrive.  Meanwhile the MAF pilot has hung out at our house, and I’ve been at the Nyahuka Health Center.  We had one patient admitted to the isolation ward but she probably just has malaria.  I had an hour-long meeting with the staff, who are understandably nervous.

And with good reason.  I just got off the phone with Dr. Jonah.  He had gone to Kampala on personal business a few days ago.  Yesterday he had a headache, and today a bit of fever, so he admitted himself to Mulago Hospital’s isolation ward.  We are hoping that his illness is not related, but I think he was wise to put himself there, so that he does not infect others.  PLEASE pray for him!!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

My family and I are praying!! Sending my love...